Looking for a dinner option that’s both delicious and easy on the wallet?
Look no further! Our Budget-Friendly Recipes series is back with a dish that’s sure to become a family favorite: Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake.
Let’s dive into how you can prepare this mouthwatering meal for under $15!
Why Chicken and Pasta?
Chicken is a versatile and generally affordable protein that pairs well with a variety of flavors. Pasta, on the other hand, is a pantry staple that’s both filling and budget-friendly. Together, they create a hearty and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any dinner table.
Budget-Friendly Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
This Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is a creamy, cheesy, and utterly delicious dish that’s perfect for a comforting dinner. It’s simple to prepare and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Note: Our cost estimation is based on average prices in the US, but prices will vary depending on your location. Our goal is to help you find ingredients that are generally more affordable!
- 8 oz. pasta (penne or rigatoni)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced
- 1 jar (15 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
Total cost: Around $15. Serves 4-6.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the diced chicken until no longer pink. Add minced garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cooked chicken, and Alfredo sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
Additional Savings & Hot Tips
- Buy a Whole Chicken: Purchasing a whole chicken can be more cost-effective than buying individual cuts. You can roast the chicken and use the breasts for this recipe, while saving other parts for different meals. Don’t forget to use the bones to make chicken stock for even more savings!
- Buy Chicken in Bulk: Consider purchasing chicken when it’s on sale and freezing it for future use.
- Use Store-Brand Sauce: Opting for a store-brand Alfredo sauce can save you a few dollars without sacrificing flavor.
- Leftover Magic: This dish reheats well, making it perfect for next-day lunches or dinners.
This Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is a budget-friendly and delicious option for any dinner occasion.
It’s easy to prepare and offers a satisfying, comfort-food experience. Stay tuned for more budget-friendly recipes, and until next time, happy cooking and happy saving!